The sun is out!! What does that mean? Time to go outside and play!
Summer is here and far too many people have been sitting indoors all winter and spring and need to get out of the rut. The best way to turn your life around 180-degrees is to step outside this summer and spend some more time with nature. The sun’s healing powers are very real and you will feel like a new person if you commit to getting outside every single day to enjoy the sunshine. Here are 10 great reasons why you should get out of the house this summer.
SPARK, a national organization dedicated towards encouraging physical activity to improve the health of children and adolescents, lists some great reasons for going outside (increasing physical activity, getting much needed vitamin D, etc).
I say..How could you not take advantage of God’s gift? Feel the warm sunshine on your skin. Take a deep breath and enjoy the fresh clean air. Let the gentle breeze play with your hair.
What are 10 things you can do outside?
- Take a walk
- Have a picnic or bbq. (Invite me, just comment with date, place and time)
- Read your favorite book in your backyard, balcony or favorite park
4 3 2 miles..a mile
- Go swimming
- Play tag with your friends
- Play KICK BALL with your friends! (I’ve been trying to play kick ball for years. Please invite me.)
- Go to an outside concert.
- Go swimming
- Take beautiful pictures of your city and share with the rest of the world.
So go outside. Stay outside until the street lights come on. Don’t come back in unless you have to pee. 🙂
What are some things that you like to do outside during the summer?
TWITTER UPDATE: June 20th 8:27 pm